A Star for Starr!

It’s a star for Starr! The Hate U Give received a starred review from Publisher’s Weekly.
cywilbqwiaaemf1

News, The Hate U Give

6 Responses to A Star for Starr!

1. Aniya says:

this is an awesome book..please write more on the characters or another book

2. Melody Fredricks says:

This book is incredible. As a mom I want to be Lisa, as a parent Mav & Lisa are dynamite. I want them to mentor me! Thank you for writing this book and telling the world Khalil’s story.

Well done.

3. susie wilson says:

just finished reading this amazing book! what an insight; a revelation. thank you for bringing me a little closer to the world of Starr and all the beautiful spirits like her.

4. Brooke says:

I picked up this book on a whim and all I can say is wow, I am so glad I did. While I have heard the media coverage of the senseless violence against black youth, I never truly felt engaged in the argument. As many stories as I heard, I found myself trying to justify the cops actions. Your book has opened me up to the side I had not considered, and completely changed my views on the issue of systematic racism we face today. As they say, when you remain neutral in situations of injustice, you have sided with the oppressor. I can proudly say I no longer remain neutral, and I have your novel to thank for that. I loved your book cover to cover and look forward for you to publish more. You have a gift of not just writing, but truly opening others eyes to the opposite side.

5. Monica Moe says:

Just finished reading the book and I want to go back to the first page and reread everything. Very powerful. I hope I can convince my middle school teachers to “teach” your novel during the coming school year.

6. Amaya says:

When I saw this book from the title I was like I have to read this I’m still reading the nook and so far it is fantastic…I also have a question for Angie… what made you want to write this book