A Star for Starr!

It’s a star for Starr! The Hate U Give received a starred review from Publisher’s Weekly.
cywilbqwiaaemf1

News, The Hate U Give

7 Responses to A Star for Starr!

1. Aniya says:

this is an awesome book..please write more on the characters or another book

2. Melody Fredricks says:

This book is incredible. As a mom I want to be Lisa, as a parent Mav & Lisa are dynamite. I want them to mentor me! Thank you for writing this book and telling the world Khalil’s story.

Well done.

3. susie wilson says:

just finished reading this amazing book! what an insight; a revelation. thank you for bringing me a little closer to the world of Starr and all the beautiful spirits like her.

4. Brooke says:

I picked up this book on a whim and all I can say is wow, I am so glad I did. While I have heard the media coverage of the senseless violence against black youth, I never truly felt engaged in the argument. As many stories as I heard, I found myself trying to justify the cops actions. Your book has opened me up to the side I had not considered, and completely changed my views on the issue of systematic racism we face today. As they say, when you remain neutral in situations of injustice, you have sided with the oppressor. I can proudly say I no longer remain neutral, and I have your novel to thank for that. I loved your book cover to cover and look forward for you to publish more. You have a gift of not just writing, but truly opening others eyes to the opposite side.

5. Monica Moe says:

Just finished reading the book and I want to go back to the first page and reread everything. Very powerful. I hope I can convince my middle school teachers to “teach” your novel during the coming school year.

6. Amaya says:

When I saw this book from the title I was like I have to read this I’m still reading the nook and so far it is fantastic…I also have a question for Angie… what made you want to write this book

7. Cesiley Little says:

I’ve just finished the book entitled “The Hate u Give”, and it’s absolutely mind blowing, it took me a total of three days to finish.Manly, cause I actually didn’t want it to end.The first page had me glued to my seat,because I’ve been in Starr shoes when it comes to being a plus one.This novel nothing like anything i’ve ever read before. “The Hate U Give”gives so much meaning in our society today no matter where we live or where we’re from.There is a little bit of something in this novel that most of everyone should agree on, and its so simple.. (somethings this country throws at the human race just isn’t right ) United we shall stand because divided as in nowadays we’ve fallen! I’m volunteering in a small Library in Inverness,MS..We rarely have more than 15 people to come in to visit; However,I seen your novel on display and I had to grab it. Checking out your book was more than educational, more than race, more than society as a whole.The major part that captured my heart was Unity!& having a voice of reason!I’ve laughed, I’ve cried,but most of all I’ve rejoiced in hopes that we all can get together as a community and promote change! The novel was so good, I even read the acknowledgements! I’ve already recommended this novel to my friends and co- Workers.This book will forever be one of my top favorite Novels Hands Down! I salute you Angie Thomas & your team!!You’ve done & Outstanding Job for your first 📖!💜🎉💜